OPEN DAY: Free Seminars
A consistently popular feature of our Open Days are the two free seminars. Places are limited on each of these sessions and you do need to reserve your seats in advance. These tend to go very quickly so book now to avoid disappointment.
To reserve you place:
t:0800801061 OR e:email@example.com
As a reminder, download this PDF Open Day Flyer
Quality Framing, Clear Presentation: 10.30 am – 11.30 pm
This is a single project, illustrating how to create a frame, which presents a simple piece of artwork appearing to float above the mountboard background, housed in what appears to be a “presentation box”.
The real intention however is to use this as an excuse to explore a range of kit, products and techniques. There is nothing at all fancy, just simple things done well (we hope), so the project should offer something for everyone. The session shows:
- How to use the Nobex saw and frame measure system: if you’ve just bought one but never seen how to use it ….
- Using a mitre trimmer to give even crisper joints
- Using a studio joiner
- Cutting glass
- Using Econospace spacers to give depth from glass without a mount
- Attaching artwork to a foam block so it appears to hover above the mount.
Close to the Edge: 12.30 pm – 1.30 pm
An attempted pun designed to link some useful ideas for demonstrations. The idea is simply to focus on the visible edges of items in a frame:
- Adding a slip / fillet to the inside edge of the frame
- Colour bevel edge on a mount,
- Deep bevel mounts,
- Mount slips
- A very easy way to float-mount artwork so you can see the edge of the print / art paper.
^ back to menu