Cut Your Own Quality Mounts: Workshops with DIYframing
We are pleased to be running our very popular, Cut Your Own, Quality Mounts workshops at this year's festival. When these were running at The Photography Show 2014, the sessions sold out and the feedback was absolutely fantastic. These workshops will suit complete novices as well as those having some experience of cutting simple mounts: techniques may be similar but there are loads of little tricks of the trade that you may not have seen before.
Workshops will introduce you to the role of the mount as practical and aesthetic device and why you should use a "hinge mount package" to support and present your work.
Through the practical elements of the session you learn
- how to design & plan a mount;
- how a mount cutting system works;
- to use the cutter to prepare and mark up boards for cutting
- how to create the window mount;
- the “conservation” principles behind a hinge mount system;
- how to position and attach the artwork into the mount;
Finally, time permitting, we explore how different “weightings” in mount borders can enhance how artwork is viewed.
^ back to menu